Reliable, highly accurate measurements for the test and development of power electronics.
The compact Fluke Norma Power Analyzer 4000 provides the latest measurement technology to assist engineers with the development and testing of motors, inverters, lighting, power supplies, transformers and automotive components.
Based on a patented, high-bandwidth architecture, the instrument delivers high-precision measurements of single or three-phase current and voltage, harmonics analysis, Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT) analysis, as well as calculations of power and other derived values.
The Fluke Norma 4000 Three-Phase Power Analyzer is a rugged, high-precision analyzer providing unmatched price performance for easy and reliable use in the field, or as a bench unit in laboratories and on test benches.
- Electric motors and inverter drive systems – Through detailed spectrum analysis and dynamic torque calculation capabilities, switching losses caused by the inverter are accurately measured, and a thorough evaluation is made of torque transients and harmonics at higher frequencies.
- Inverter drive system – Simultaneous measurement of all electrical and mechanical power parameters in the same time window enables users to observe the influence one component has on another, or on the whole system.
- Lighting systems – A wide bandwidth of up to 10 MHz and a high sampling rate up to 1 MHz provide detailed signal analysis at ballast outputs. A unique shunt technique enables power measurements at very high frequencies. Simultaneous measurement of input and output power provides instant calculation of ballast losses.
- Transformers – Synchronous six-phase power measurements enable highly accurate efficiency and loss calculations of large power transformers even at very low power factors. Synchronous multiphase resistance measurements of transformer coils are also possible.
- Automotive – Synchronous electrical input and mechanical output measurements provide complete data on the efficiency and losses of individual components as well as the whole drive system.
Other useful features:
- Performs simultaneous parallel acquisition of all phases to allow accurate viewing of dynamic events on all phases at exactly the same point in time
- Compact design makes it easy to carry and saves working space
- Provides galvanically isolated inputs to avoid short circuits in all applications
- Includes FFT analysis, vector diagram, and digital oscilloscope (DSO) mode in the base unit for complete analysis capability
- Offers user-selectable average time—from 15 ms up to 3600 s—for dynamic measurements
- Includes 4 MB on-board memory (expandable to 128 MB) for storing measured values
- Allows fast and easy connection to a PC; RS232 and USB included as standard; optional IEEE488, Ethernet, or USB2.0
- Provides PI1 process interface to measure torque and speed with external sensors, plus four analog outputs for easy use on motor and drive applications
- Features 341 kHz or 1 MHz sample rates for detailed signal analysis
- Provides bandwidth from DC to 3 MHz or DC to 10 MHz for reliable measurement precision
- Includes Fluke NormaView PC software for data download, analysis, and reporting