Compact and rugged, the Fluke 1740 Series Three-Phase Power Quality Loggers are designed specifically for technicians and engineers who need the flexibility to troubleshoot, quantify energy usage and analyze power distribution systems. Fully compliant with international power quality standards such as IEC 61000-4-30 Class A and capable of simultaneously logging up to 500 parameters while also capturing events, the Fluke 1740 Series helps uncover intermittent and hard-to-find power quality issues more easily than ever. Energy Analyze plus software quickly assesses the quality of power at the service entrance, substation, or at the load, according to national and international standards like EN 50160 and IEEE 519.
An optimized user interface, flexible current probes, and an intelligent measurement verification function that allows you to digitally verify and correct connections makes setup easier than ever and reduces measurement uncertainty. Minimize your time in potentially hazardous environments and reduce the hassle of suiting up in PPE by using a wireless connection (WiFi) to view data directly in the field.
Analysis and reporting
Capturing logged data is just one part of the task. Once you have the data, you need to create useful information and reports that can be easily shared and understood by your organization or customers. Fluke Energy Analyze plus software makes that task as simple as possible. With powerful analysis tools and the ability to create customized reports in minutes you’ll be able to communicate your findings and quickly solve problems so you can optimize system reliability and savings. A range of built-in report templates for industry standards such as EN 50160, IEEE 519 and GOST enable one-click reporting so you can create high quality reports at the touch of a button. Reports can be modified as standards evolve, or new versions become available.
Calendar view shows hours, days, weeks as thumbnails for quick overviews.
Which power quality logger is best for you?
|Basic Power Quality||Optional||•||•|
|Advanced Power Quality||Optional||Optional||•|
The Fluke 1748 logs over 500 different parameters for each averaging period. This allows you to analyze power quality in detail and to correlate intermittent events with detailed waveform data, helping to identify the root cause of disturbances. For basic power quality logging, the Fluke 1746 captures all relevant power parameters for performing energy saving studies and electrical network planning with a full upgrade option to 1748 available. For simple load and energy studies the Fluke 1742 offers optimal performance in a rugged package and can be upgraded to 1746, or complete 1748, functionality.
- “In-workshop” or “in-the-field” setup and download through PC application software: simple download using USB memory stick, WiFi download, wired ethernet connection or via USB cable.
- Energy Analyze plus application software: Download and analyze every measured detail of energy consumption and power quality state-of-health with automated reporting.
- One-touch reporting: Create standardized reports according to commonly used standards like EN 50160, IEEE 519, GOST 33073 or export data in PQDIF or NeQual compatible format for use with third party software.
- Advanced analysis: Choose any available logged parameter to create a highly customized view of logged measurements for advanced correlation of data.
- Measure all three voltage and current phases plus the neutral current: Three-phase and neutral voltage leads and four flexible current probes.
- Comprehensive logging: More than 20 separate logging sessions can be stored in the instrument. A comprehensive range of power and power quality variables are automatically logged so you never lose measurement trends.
- Measure with premium accuracy: Meets the rigorous IEC 61000-4-30 Class A Edition 3 standard for ‘Testing and measurement techniques–Power quality measurement methods.’
- Capture dips, swells and interruptions: The 1748 includes event waveform capture and RMS event profile, along with date, timestamp and severity information to help pinpoint potential root causes of power quality issues.
- Measure key power quality parameters: Measures harmonics and interharmonics for voltage and current, also includes unbalance, flicker and rapid voltage changes.
- Optimized user interface: Capture the right data every time with quick, guided, graphical PC based application setup and reduce uncertainty about your connections with an intelligent verification feature and the only auto-correction function for a power quality logger. Connection errors are automatically indicated via an amber light on the units power button which turns green once corrected.
- Optimized user interface: Quick, guided, graphical setup ensures you’re capturing the right data every time, and the intelligent verification function indicates correct connections have been made, reducing user uncertainty
- Flexible power supply: Powers directly from the measured circuit with the widest available range for a power quality logger automatically going from 100 V to 500 V or from a wall line cord, so you can test anywhere.
- Rugged and reliable: Designed to withstand harsh installation environments with IP65 rating when used with IP65 voltage input adapter.
- Two external USB ports: One for PC connection and another for quick, simple data download to standard USB thumb drives, or other USB devices, allowing you to leave the measurement device in place without disrupting logging.
- Ethernet connectivity: Wired and wireless connections for instrument setup and high-speed data download.
- Compact size: Designed to fit in tight spaces and panels with small 23 cm x 18 cm x 5.4 cm (9.1 in x 7.1 in x 2.1 in) footprint.
- Highest safety rating in the industry: 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III rated for use at the service entrance and downstream.
- Optimized measurement accessories: Unique tangle-free flat voltage cable and thin flexible current probes ensure easy installation even in tight spaces.
- Battery life: Four-hour operating time (backup time) per charge on lithium-ion battery to withstand temporary power disruptions.
- Security: Safeguard your best asset from theft with a standard chain or other security device.
- Magnetic hanger kit: Conveniently stow the instrument safely inside or outside of electrical panels; compatible with all models and included with 1748 model as standard.
Which power quality logger is right for you?
|Voltage, current, power, power factor, frequency||•||•||•|
|Voltage and current harmonics (to 50th)1||•||•|
|Rapid voltage change events1||•||•|
|Interharmonics (to 50th)1||•||•|
|Dips, swells, interruption and transient events tables1||•||•|
|Transients (low frequency) / Waveform deviation events2||•|
|USB (mini B)||•||•||•|
|WiFi download Instrument to device||•||•||•|
|Wifi download via WiFi hub (requires registration)||Opt.||Opt.||Opt.|
|Flexible current probe||not /B version||not /B version||not /B version|
|3PHVL-1730 3-Phase + neutral voltage test lead||•||•||•|
|Test lead set red/black 0.18 m||•||•||•|
|Test lead set red/black 1.5 m||•||•||•|
|173x/174x Soft Case||•||•||•|
|Cable marker kit||•||•||•|
|MP1-3R/1B-Magnet Probe 1 set (3 red, 1 black)||Opt.||1||1|
1Included with 1742-6/UPGRADE option
2Included with 1742-8/UPGRADE or 1746-8/UPGRADE option